Friday, August 25, 2006

Today was kind of frustrating.
Sometimes I have a hard time communicating to adults in positions where they always deal with people who don't know what they want. They are so used to making things so basic and general, and basically making people's minds up for them.
I know what I want.
I know what I don't want.
I've fucked around too much already, and I don't have time to waste.
And usually when dealing with university faculty- I end up telling them about the program I'm interested in b/c since it's not generic, they don't even know anything about it.
All I want is to make progress at a reasonable but quick pace... and I don't need anyone to hold my hand and walk with me taking baby steps.
...I go in to the Study Abroad office today to talk about the Icelandic exchange program with a program advisor and she ends up talking about fun times in Costa Rica so I can fulfill my foreign language credit. I told her I wanted to go to a school with a solid earth science and environmental studies program and that I wanted to focus on sustainable development IN SCANDINAVIA.
I got the notion towards the end of the meeting that she didn't even know what that was and that's fine, but just ask me. It's going to make things a lot easier for both of us.
I know that sometimes I can be bull headed- but shit, don't waste my time talking about Central America when I specifically tell you I want to study in Scandinavia.
Anyway, here are some photos from my place and what not....

this is my building

always at home with eames

stuff!!!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Good to see you're getting comfortable! I was worried. And your place is really cute!

AJ said...

Funny enough, I just had the same experience just the other day. I thought of this post. I went into my school's president's office to talk to him about internships. I told him I did NOT want to go to Viacom, Turner, Pentagram, or anything of the like.

So, he goes online, looks something up. Then he makes a phone call, talks to somebody and hangs up. Then he looks at me and says, "Those were the kids up at MTV, they're looking for a writer." I just shook my head. MTV IS VIACOM!!!