Monday, September 11, 2006


Today a man came into where I work.
He is blind- but does that really have anything to do with anything???
...he first asked me what our brownie/bar selection was- so I told him:

4 mint

1 zebra

3 walnut fudge
4 coconut macaroon

he proceeded to order:

3 mint

1 zebra

2 walnut fudge

1 coconut macaroon


oh yeah... and FOUR diet sodas.
When the total exceeded 16 dollars, he told me he had but 15 to spend, so I suggested he take off one of the sodas (which cost a ridiculous amount anyway... $1.35 per 12 oz can) so he did and had 4 cents to spare. (TIP JAR GONE WILD!)

He then asked me to unwrap the brownies for him, which was fine- but I was shocked to see him sit down and eat every one of them.
That's right... 7 brownies... 3 sodas... one sitting.


My encounter with blind brownie man kicks off my new project of identifying excessiveness.

It might just be the biggest problem in the world today.

Seeing that man today was such a real-live, physical metaphor.


As we just victims, forced to participate in a consumer driven world
controled by super power politicians and ceo's?
Or are we blind idiots who create our own destined fuck down by not making the right choice when we actually have one to make?

So kids, strap on yer bibs and get ready for moments of over indulgence, binging by design, packaging monstrosities.
Everything All The Time.

World Wide Buffet.

1 comment:

brando said...

That's awesome. Maybe he wanted all the different flavors for comparison. Or maybe he wanted a stomach full of brownies and soda.