Tuesday, September 19, 2006


...back on a def jux kick again... mostly aesop's labor days and el-p's fantastic damage.
Especially el-p.
Quality and innovation over-ride the nostalgia factor- but only by the thinnest sliver of difference. Still just listening to the first 4 seconds of either of these albums sends me back to places I'm lucky to have been.
....kind of makes me want to move back to new york...
Well actually, REALLY makes me want to move back to new york!

It's crazy how certain people can encompass a place through assemblage of sound.
Thev'e done it and I know this.
...the best news is- el producto has a new album coming out soon, and no doubt I have intensely high hopes.
But could our leader actually let us down?
I shall think not.

follow him: el-p's production blog

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Crazy how life works. When I left Atlanta you were thinking about moving to Athens. Then I hear you up and moved to Iowa. Hey if New York is in your heart then make it your home, whether its physically or mentally.