Wednesday, September 06, 2006


I wish I knew more about the true possibilities of this... but has anyone ever noticed or thought or wondered if there is just some limited amount of physical appearance options in the world???
...and through moving and mating they get planted and strewn about all over the place, things and people seem unique and individual, but they really are not that different from someone else they've never met or seen... and never will.
It's the doppelganger idea- and for me it's everywhere.
...you'll see someone in one location and then 1000's of miles away, there they'll be again.
Hey, there's that really tall guy with the flaming red afro and confident face...holy shit... there's that super annoying wanna be musician chic with the really awkward fat hanging over her jeans....and fuck it, over there is that really nice nerdy gay guy who's always wearing pastel button up dress shirts and looks totally sharp all the time. And look over there... it's the guy who gets a medium dark and tips a quarter.
Seriously... it's almost haunting- the people I just keep seeing over and over wherever I go. I'm not saying that these people aren't unique in their individual personalities, but I've lately just been very aware of these neither better nor worse, but strikingly similar people, who for some reason or another just can't stay away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This same thing happened to me when my family moved to jax,fl. I kept expecting to see people I knew. I almost started mentally super-imposing old friends faces on random strangers who shared the same body type.

l-sauce said...

It's happening to me all the time over here...Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't run into someone I know. Which doesn't make any sense, given there's an ocean separating us. I see all kinds of people who like people I know. Including a wanna be rock star who speaks with a faux british accent, large latte one shot two equals, and turkey blt no t. Weird.