Tuesday, July 08, 2008

(Passerina cyanea) This is an indigo bunting. They forage on the ground or in trees or shrubs, eating mainly insects and seeds. Wikipedia sez they migrate during the night, using the stars to direct themselves. Beautiful.
















In other thoughts...

the norwegian word for good is god. And god is gud. But really I think what is god is what is good, and that is that.
ya dig?



















genericized trademark
.

Oh, and last night my new favorite work buddy ben and I were contemplating what the word was for when a product communicates not only the brand name of the item, but also the function of the thing itself, thus becoming language with common usage, synonymous with its' own consumerist demand and market dominance. Well the word for that is
genericized trademark. I think he'd be surprised as I am that the word for the concept of things like Kleenex, Post-it Note, Q-Tip, Scotch Tape, Xerox, etc...isn't more exciting. Oh well. I guess proprietary eponym sounds a bit cooler.

No comments: